Adapted from a Donna Hay recipe, this recipe is free from refined sugar and gluten!
What you’ll need:
- 100g butter
- ½ cup xylitol
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quinoa flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk (I used rice milk)
- 5 apples (I used green apples) peeled and chopped
- 10g butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 125g butter ¾ cup xylitol sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320ºF).
- To make the crumble, mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar in a bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- To make the apple filling, place the apple, butter and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Allow to cool.
- To make the base place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat until creamy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Fold through the flour, baking powder and milk.
- Spread in a 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper, top with the apple filling and crumble and bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serves 6–8.