- Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, indigestion and Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis
- Anxiety, panic attacks, irritability, mood swings
- Brain fog, poor concentration, poor memory, headaches
- Hyperactivity problems
- Skin and nail fungal infections (such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus)
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, rashes, dandruff, dry skin or acne.
- Food and chemical sensitivities
- Frequent ear infections
- White coated tongue, Oral thrush
- Vaginal infections , urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
- PMS, endometriosis, irregular menstruation
- Poor libido
- Frequent urination
Candida breaks down the cell wall of the small intestine, penetrating the bloodstream and releasing toxic by-products such as ethanol and acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde is a potent neurotoxin which impairs brain function, often leaving patients suffering candida overgrowth with “brain fog”. Acetaldehyde also damages red blood cells and affects the endocrine, respiratory and circulatory systems. The reason why so many women suffer candida overgrowth can be largely put down to modern lifestyle, with courses of antibiotics being the biggest cause. Although necessary at times antibiotics tend to wipeout both good and bad bacteria, completely disrupting the digestive system balance and leading to proliferation of candida. Other causes include;
- Excessive consumption of sugar and sugar containing products
- Long term use of oral contraceptives
- Diabetes mellitus
- High levels of stress
Our holistic doctors and naturopaths can help to correctly diagnose candida overgrowth and devise a treatment plan. Effectively treating candida will involve stopping the yeast overgrowth, restoring friendly bacteria and healing your gut so candida can no longer enter your bloodstream.
Make a Booking Enquiry
We respond to all enquiries within 48 hours.