- 1 x 7 g sachet of dried yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g gram gluten free flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g linseeds
- 100 g mixed seeds, such as chia, poppy, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 3 teaspoons vegemite, optional
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Line a 1.5-litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Fill a jug with 375ml of lukewarm water, add the yeast and oil, then mix with a fork until combined and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Pile the flour, ground almonds and all the seeds into a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and make a well in the middle.
- Pick, finely chop and add the rosemary leaves. Crack in the eggs, add the Vegemite (if using – simply leave it out for a gluten-free friendly loaf) and beat together, then pour in the yeast mixture.
- Whisking as you go, gradually bring in the flour from the outside until combined – it’ll be more like a batter than a dough.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth out nice and evenly on top.
- Now you’ve got two choices – bake it straight away and it’ll puff up a bit more and taste fantastic, or cover and place it in the fridge overnight and allow some slightly more complex sour flavours to develop. Both are brilliant, just different.
- To bake, place in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating, then serve.
TOPPING IDEAS GALORE
These suggestions are all about giving you loads of colourful inspiration for tasty topping combos that’ll fill you with goodness – choose your favourites and tuck in
1. Chopped hard-boiled free-range egg, yoghurt, paprika & cress
2. Ripe beef tomatoes, Swiss cheese & black pepper
3. Ricotta, ripe cherry tomatoes & fresh basil
4. Ricotta, soft-boiled free-range egg, paprika & spring onions
5. Wilted spinach & Ricotta
6. Squashed beetroot, natural yoghurt & balsamic
7. Grated cucumber & avocado with quality smoked salmon
8. Natural yoghurt, banana & cinnamon
9. Fried free-range egg, natural yoghurt, ripe cherry tomatoes & curry powder
11. Avocado, cottage cheese & Tabasco chipotle sauce
12. Houmous, pomegranate seeds & rocket
13. Vegemite, ripe avocado & natural yoghurt