These scrumptious cookies are ideal for afternoon snack for the kids (or yourself) or a pre-workout snack, plus there pretty good for you too if you just want a guilt free treat, these cookies are free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150 C (fan forced oven)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (you may need two trays)
- Place the butter and egg in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream for 1 minute on high. Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the honey and vanilla and mix for another minute, until creamy.
- Place the cinnamon, nutmeg, flours, baking soda, salt, and flax seeds in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for another minute, until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix again for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut and raisins, then mix again for a minute.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop approximately a 1 tablespoon size amount of dough, roll between your hands to form a ball shape.
- Place another piece of baking paper over the balls, then using the palm of your hand gently press the balls down into circles about 1cm thick and 2 inchs in diameter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before eating.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.