International Osteoporosis Foundation
1. Have either of your parents broken a hip after a minor bump or fall?
2. Have you broken a bone after a minor bump or fall?
3. For Women: did you undergo menopause before the age 45?
4. For Women: Have your periods stopped for 12 months or more (other than during lactation or pregnancy)?
5. For Men: have you suffered from impotence, lack of libido or other symptoms related to low testosterone levels?
6. Have you taken corticosteroid tablets (cortisone, prednisone, etc) for more than 6 months?
7. Have you lost more than 5 cm (2 inches) in height?
8. Do you drink heavily (in excess of safe drinking limits)?
9. Do you suffer frequently from diarrhea (caused by problems such as celiac disease or Crohn’s disease)?
Are You an Indoor or Outdoor Person? Check this tips on how exercise prevents heart disease