What you’ll need:
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 9 Medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat your grill.
- Place quinoa, coconut and almonds onto a lightly greased baking tray and toast for 5 minutes, stirring mid way.
- Pour toasted mix into a large bowel and stir in cacao and dates.
- In a medium saucepan, add honey, salt and vanilla extract, bring to the boil (4-5mins or until thick), ensure you stir constantly. Your syrup should be thick and golden but take care not to over cook as it will burn.
- Pour hot syrup over dry mix.
- Line a cookie sheet pan or cake/bread tin with greaseproof paper.
- Transfer mixture and press firmly until flat.
- Pop into the fridge to set first, then remove before slicing. Once at room temperature, cut into 8-10 bars. Store in an airtight container.