Recipe courtesy of The Holistic Ingredient
Makes 8 long roll ups.
- 1 cup fruit puree (I used 1/2 cup each of fresh or frozen berries and apple puree)
- 1 cup coconut or natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Oven: 50°C Or Dehydrator: 50-60°C
- Place 1/2 cup yoghurt in a small food processor. Add 1/2 cup of berries and 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup. Combine until smooth. Add more sweetener if necessary. Pour onto prepared silicon mat or on baking paper on oven tray and spread out evenly across the sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients and the apple puree.
- Dehydrate for approximately 8 hours (possibly longer if in oven) or until the fruit is dry, tacky and pliable.
- Remove and place a sheet of baking paper over the fruit leather and using scissors, cut both the paper and leather into lengths.
- Roll the fruit with baking paper into cylinders and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. I’d say think they’ll last several months in the freezer and a couple in the fridge.